Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
These are some topics that we are going to have for the game:
words that end in y
words that end in e
all about school
things found in your home
things found in your kitchen
all about music
articles of clothing
things found in a park
things found in a garbage can
things found in a dorm room
things found in ikea
things you would not expect to see in a church
things on the streets
words with three syllables
words with more than 7 letters
things that are easy to lose
4 letter words
words with the letter t in it
things you'd get from a supermarket
We will play several more rounds of this game to see if we can detect any flaws.
We could use a Q and X card for 2 bonus spins on the spinner.
Another idea we came across was to use a youtube video of a 30 second countdown as an alternative to buying a timer. We will include this link in the game website right by where we put the link to purchase the timer.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Today we used cards from a game that is already made and we played around 10 rounds. The game play is very quick and does keep you interested due to the 30 second rounds. We’ve realized that the categories will need to be very broad in order to make it easier to get a longer list. The average list is normally either 2 to 5 words long. We only had 2 ties throughout the entire game. We’ve been tossing around several ideas to enhance the game.
- Providing 3 letters to each player to begin with before the first round.
- Or, providing players with 1 or 2 vowels, (A,E,I,O,U) at the beginning
- Incorporating some type of bonus chip that would be held by the players throughout the game and allows them to put it down at the beginning of a round. After this chip is put down a second letter card will be flipped for that round, allowing the winner of the round to get both letters.
- Allowing the person who wins for the round to forfeit their letter card in order get a spin at a wheel. This wheel would have different things on it like getting a vowel card or getting to steal a letter from an opponent or getting to swap a letter with an opponent.
- Also the idea of using a board to monitor game progress came up. There would probably only be one game piece moving one space on the board for each turn. This would just be a visual representation of the progress of the game play.